Help for insurance policyholders from Public Loss Adjusters

Help For Policyholders From Independent Loss Adjusters

Insurance claim help for policyholdersWith both commercial and domestic insurance claims the policy holder has the right to appoint an independent Chartered loss adjuster. One of the main advantages of appointing your own loss adjuster would be that rather than working on behalf of your insurer, they would be working on YOUR BEHALF INSTEAD.

Public Loss Adjusters work solely for you, fighting your corner to ensure you receive your full entitlement.

The fees that a loss adjuster would normally charge when acting on your behalf normally vary dependent on the size and complexity of the insurance claim. In most cases Public Loss Adjusters represent our clients with no cost to them.


Q. Why should I appoint Public Loss Adjusters as opposed to a Loss Assessor?
A. We are Chartered Loss Adjusters who are regulated by the FCA. As a CILA Chartered Firm (The Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters) we are bound by the institute’s code of conduct whilst working under a Royal Charter. We have gained qualifications through examinations as required by CILA.

Q. Who pays the insurance loss adjusters fee?
A. This is paid for by your insurance company. Public Loss Adjusters believe this to be a conflict of interest. Ask yourself how would you know if you were gaining a fair settlement when the loss adjuster was working on behalf of your insurer?

Q. Who pays the Fees of the policyholder’s loss adjuster?
A. Usually this is paid for by the policyholder unless they are covered by a separate loss recovery insurance. Public loss adjusters are different because in most cases our fees are covered when you choose to utilise one of our preferred building contractors. If on the other hand you would prefer a cash settlement, we would be glad to offer our services based on a flat 10% (+VAT) fee.

Q. If my insurance provider has already appointed their own loss adjuster then why would I need to appoint a loss adjuster?
A. The Loss Adjuster appointed by your insurer is paid to act on their behalf. Although they are bound by the Charter to act fairly and justly how can you be sure that they will? An independent loss adjuster, such as Public Loss Adjusters can ensure that YOU are treated fairly in order to obtain the best settlement within the terms of your insurance policy.

Q. Do I need an independent loss adjuster for a smaller insurance claim?
A. Generally, you should appoint a loss adjuster for insurance claims over £10,000. It is worth considering that your insurance loss adjuster may set your entitlement at £5,000 when in fact it may be worth £20,000 to restore your property back to its pre loss condition.

Q. During my insurance claim, when should I instruct a loss adjuster to work on my behalf?
A. The best time is immediately after the event has happened in order for us to negotiate with your insurer’s loss adjuster. Many clients of Public Loss Adjusters come to us at a later stage simply because they believe they have been offered a settlement which is short of their expectations.

Q. Can my insurance broker assist me with my insurance claim?
A. Insurance brokers often help with claims but generally they do not have the same level of expertise that you would find with a Independent Loss Adjuster. They may be able to offer advice which may include the recommendation of a Chartered Loss Adjuster such as ourselves*.

Please visit the CILA website for more policyholder help:

Latest News

All News

Why Use Our Loss Adjusting Services?

Questions & Answers
Request a Callback

    Why Choose Us?
    • Free Loss Adjusting Service in Most Cases

    • Nationwide Company - Friendly Local Approach

    • We Only Recommend Fully Qualified Contractors

    • 24 Hour Nationwide Helpline

    • We Work For You NOT Your Insurance Company

    • Settlement Figure Higher in Most Cases

    • Option of Cash Settlement For 10% Fee

    Why Choose PLA?
    We cover the whole of the UK

    Customer Testimonials


    Absolutely the right thing to do - Get these guy's involved in your claim. I was amazed at how proficient and professional they were. They handle everything for you and advise you every step of the way.


    Amazing, fantastic! I cannot really express my gratitude to Glenn and the company enough. Trust me, I never really write reviews but if you instruct a PLA and are lucky enough to get Glenn it will be best money you have ever spent.


    Cannot speak more highly of this company. They have supported me throughout my home insurance claim that was being badly dealt with by my insurers. When Nick got involved, things turned around so quickly. I needed a hand-holding, it’s exactly what I got. Superb company.

    All Testimonials
    Call Now ButtonClick to Call