15th November 2016Guide To Preventing Fires Caused By Candles Posted By : Admin/ 0 comments / Under : Latest News Many people don’t think of the safety hazards when igniting candles, but they are extremely dangerous if left unattended. Each year, there are a growing number of house fires and more and more people are getting seriously injured. As a result of the increasing popularity of buying candles, more property fires are being reported in the UK. There are many different types of candles, oils, incense burners and joss sticks which all should never be left unattended. When the candles are ignited, make sure they are kept out the way of children and animals – the candles can be easily knocked over and cause serious damage to your home or your family.There are many different types of candles, oils, incense burners and joss sticks which all should never be left unattended. When the candles are ignited, make sure they are kept out the way of children and animals – the candles can be easily knocked over and cause serious damage to your home or your family. Here are some tips on how to keep safe when using candles: Keep them on heat-resistant surfaces but remember that night lights and tea lights can get hot enough to melt plastic. When the candle is burning, you need to make sure that it is on a flat surface so there is no chance of them unbalancing. Don’t place candles near any objects which can easily catch alight, such as curtains, clothes, bedding, etc. A substitute for a wax candle are LED lights, which you can obtain from most retailers. Leave a good distance of space between each candle. When leaving the candles unattended, you need to make sure that they are fully extinguished for no chance of further danger. For further safety advice, you can contact your local fire brigade or visit their website. If you are using candles, make sure you are responsible around them and don’t leave them unattended; the consequences can be greater than you think. Follow these key steps to stay safe in the event of a fire Get everyone out of the property as quickly as possible. Close all doors behind you. Call the fire brigade. Do not go back into the house until the fire officer has told you it is safe to do so. These are very important rules to follow and may one day save your life or others. Public Loss Adjusters Are Here To Help If you have suffered a house fire in the recent months, then this can cause a huge distress for you and your family it can lead to all sort of problems. If your property is insured, then give Public Loss Adjusters a call today on 08000 434 999 BEFORE you contact your insurance provider. We can help to ensure that your interests are put first – rather than your insurers.